Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Mother of Pearl


Ahh this one makes me nostalgic. My first mother of pearl pendant. True, there's a definite Triz influence here, but the way I found to make these pretty but irregular vintage facet beads lie the way I wanted them to was my own invention.
My sister models here. It was in those days of confusion when my sisters visited regularly to keep an eye on things and me. I had just finished this pendant, made with a beautiful mother of pearl cab. She tried it on, for the picture, and I had a hard time getting it back! Later I made another one for her, different but roughly the same technique.
And this one was the first beaded pendant I sold. I put this picture on my facebook page and the next day I Had Mail. Now the pendant's alive and well and living in Bruxelles.

No comments:

Post a Comment