Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Midwinter



Midwinter necklace. I just had to have it finished before the longest night was out. I don't know what to think of it beautywise, but it was one hell of a meditation in beads. From the deepest of nights (and pretty cold too) the light is reborn. I made the birthing goddess as comfortable as I could in a bed of fur (recycled fur, very old mink) and last night I added the Sun son (like Catholics put the baby in the manger on christmas eve).

Materials: I wanted to use as many natural, organic materials as possible. I don't know what the stone is, but it's very lovely and transparent. I added shells, bone, mother of pearl. Underneath, not very clearly visible on the pics, is a shell pendant I won in a give away on Black Crow's forum, a cross/sun symbol that was perfect for this necklace. The fur is mink. Backside black suede leather. The straps are made with bone beads and mother of pearl spacers.

No comments:

Post a Comment